We are actively seeking a BRASSERIE MANAGER to join our team
Haycock Manor Hotel is a beautiful hotel in Wansford, Cambridgeshire, ideally situated with easy access to both Stamford and Peterborough. Following comprehensive renovations and reopening as a luxury destination hotel, we are looking to expand our amazing team and would love to hear from candidates who feel they have the right experience, skills and ambitions to bring as Manager of our Brasserie Restaurant and to join the team on this exciting journey!
Role Responsibilities – lots to do, but lots of fun!
- As Head of Department, you will report to the Operations Manager and work closely with the Head Chef, responsible for running a Brassiere operation open 7am to 10pm daily, serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and serving Rosette level standard of food
- Maintaining the highest standards of service, room preparation and presentation throughout all areas of the Brasserie Restaurant
- With a 70 cover brasserie and up to 200 covers per day, you will be a role model for your team, consistently delivering a high energy, exemplary and detailed performance, always putting the guest at the forefront, while managing a team of up to 30, including Junior Management
- Continually developing suggestions as to ways of increasing quality of service and never standing still
Are you right for us? – the ideal person
- You should be someone who is experienced and adept at leading and managing from the front; this is an operational role, covering all parts of the brasserie
- This position requires more than simply personality – You will be someone who just knows what to do in any given situation, can make decisions on the fly about the operation and its people and wants to create a brilliant place to work as well as a brilliant place for our guests
- Experience of ResDiary and Tevalis epos systems
- You will take great pride working in such an amazing establishment as the Haycock and is something that you should convey to your team and our guests.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Excellent English language skills, written and spoken
- You should have a full driving licence
Are we right for you?
While we don’t have a typical employee, there are some specific qualities and traits that we look for – enthusiasm and a genuine passion for hospitality goes without saying!
- You need to want to achieve great things – your interest in us suggests you have the ambition, drive and determination to meet challenges head on and to be the best!
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, going beyond what our guests expect from us and making their stay a special and memorable one
- We need people who show the same level of care for their team as our guests – it’s about supporting each other to be the best we can be and to do the best job we can!
- You value learning and development and are looking to join a committed and hardworking team
- You need to be an extra miler, so if you think the Role Responsibilities are all you have to do, then we’re not for you – a can-do attitude is key!
- Finally, we want people who will respect and protect the magical place we work in – it’s up to all of us to look after our environment and never take it for granted
- Start date to be confirmed
… and now for the good stuff!
The Haycock is all about looking after people and we are committed to Our People. We work hard to ensure to you enjoy your job and are well rewarded. In addition to excellent training, learning and development opportunities and progression, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 5.6 weeks holiday per annum including bank holidays
- Personal membership to Perkbox, an employee perk platform offering a huge variety of discounts and rewards, from a free Café Nero for a little ‘thank you’ through to many other gifts we award to recognise individual team members
- 24-hour GP access with prescription delivery service
- Celebratory ‘Birthday Box’ on your birthday
- Free car parking
- But mostly, we offer the chance to join our journey and to become a part of our incredible team!