We are actively seeking Night Porters & Night Supervisor to join our Team
The Night Porter team are instrumental in overseeing the running of the Haycock Manor Hotel from sundown to sunrise. This is a hands-on role managing our guest expectations and ensuring the standards of the brand are maintained.
As guests sleep sound in their beds, the Nights team keep everything running like clockwork. Your role as Night Porter will involve taking responsibility for the Food & Beverage Department of the hotel during the night, you will welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, assisting with luggage, ensuring that the public areas are kept immaculate – you will be cleaning public areas and preparing meeting and event spaces ready for the next day. You will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of hotel guests and staff during the night, carrying out security checks with emphasis on fire safety and overall security of the building.
To be considered you need to know what great customer service looks like, have the ability to resolve guest issues efficiently and positively and be able to work on your own initiative. Team members must be highly organized, self-motivated, trustworthy and able to handle a high-volume workload. As Night Supervisor, in addition you will be responsible for training and developing the Night team to ensure an exceptional first-class guest experience is always delivered!
Are we right for you?
While we don’t have a typical employee, there are some specific qualities and traits that we look for – enthusiasm and a genuine passion for hospitality goes without saying!
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with, going beyond what our guests expect from us and making sure their stay, occasion or event is a special and memorable one.
- We need people who show the same level of care for their team as our guests and potential customers– it’s about supporting each other to be the best we can be and to do the best job we can!
- You need to be an extra miler with a can-do attitude!
- You must have full Right to Work in the UK
- You must have a full UK driving licence
What we offer
The Haycock is all about looking after people and we are committed to Our People which is underpinned by our membership of the Hoteliers’ Charter (https://hotelierscharter.org.uk). We work hard to ensure you enjoy your job and are well rewarded. In addition to excellent training, learning and development opportunities and progression, we offer:
- £9.00-£10.25 per hour, 0-40 hours per week including weekend and bank holidays
- FTE 5.6 weeks holiday per annum including bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Personal membership to Perkbox, an employee perk platform offering a huge variety of discounts and rewards, from a free Café Nero for a little ‘thank you’ through to many other gifts we award to recognise individual team members
- 24-hour GP access with prescription delivery service
- Celebratory ‘Birthday Box’ on your birthday
- Free car parking
But mostly, we offer the chance to join our journey and to become a part of our incredible team!